NSRI issues spring tide warning
"The NSRI is urging public caution around the coast in light of the full moon spring tide that...
Cutting down your waste and living with the environment in mind is becoming a challenge that most Dolphin Coasters are saying yes to.
In the quest to reduce the every growing waste problem, various recyclingpoints have been set up around Ballito to make it more convenient for you to keep your waste out of landfills and oceans.
Local recycling points
1. Dolphin Coast Waste Management’s recycling station in Umhlali next to the BP or at their depot in Shakas Head.
2. The Ballito Business Centre (by the North Coast Courier offices).
3. Ballito Convenience Centre on the corner of the M4 and Douglas Crowe Drive
4. Sugar Rush Café on Esenembi Road
5. Dolphin Coast Pre-Primary School at 74 Hilary Road
6. Hops Restaurant and Bar and Salty’s Pub and Grill
7. All white goods (household appliances like fridges) and electronic waste, excluding light bulbs, can be dropped at SIMS Recycling Solutions at 3 Jack Smith Road, Ballito Service Park.
8. Reclite recovers and recycles lighting lamps such as fluorescent lamps CFLs, HIDs and LED lamps. They also supply specialised collection bins for industrial and commercial use. For more info, contact them at 032 525 8332 or visit their office at 16 Imbonini Park, Shakashead.
9. Sign up for the Dolphin Coast Waste Management home recycling collection service.
Recycling do’s and don’ts
Allowed: The recycling station accepts just about all paper and books.
Not allowed: Polystyrene, paper cups or plates, yoghurt cartons, sweet/chip wrappers, blueprint or carbon paper, cigarette butts, tissues or paper towels, post-it notes and waxed cartons.
Allowed: Juice, water and alcohol bottles, as well as clean food/sauce containers and drinking glasses.
Not allowed: Mirrors, automotive glass, light bulbs, bottle tops, ceramics, crystal, laboratory glass and heat resistant.