The key aim of this newsletter is to disseminate information on coastal management issues to municipalities and government departments.
- uThukela: an estuary connecting catchment, coast and canyon
- Lake Sibaya - an aquatic jewel
- Developing coastal zone capacity in KZN
- The nurdles spill one year on
- Remembering an ocean conservation warrior
- Back into the wild
- Coastal access in KwaDukuza Municipality
- Replenishing Durban’s beaches
- Blue Flag beaches in KZN: 2018/2019
- Keeping our beaches clean: International Coastal Cleanup Day 2018
- Estuarine management: The Abbott judgment and its implications for Local Government
- Monitoring humpback whales in KZN
- 20 MPAs approved by Cabinet
- Overcoming the nurdle hurdle
- A portal into the KZN coast
- Are we losing coastal space?
- KZN public launch sites to be gazetted
- Protecting the coastline and beyond
- More cooler water species strand in KZN
- A prickly problem...
- Is coastal sandmining on the up?
- New eco-label award for the coast
- New era dawns for KZN's coast
- Protecting our coast for the long-term
- Building coastal management capacity
- Uncertain future for marine fisheries monitoring in KZN
- KZN Marine Strandings Network update
- Ocean Stewards Programme
- KZN beaches go Blue!
- Saving St Lucia, again
- Creating a splash during National Marine Week 2016
- Keeping an eye on Sea Turtles
- Mapping KZN's estuaries
- Better coastal access for all
- International Coastal Cleanup Day 2016
- 'One Stop' ICM Tool
- Reporting on the State of the Coast
- Managing our KZN coast
- The Southern African marine linefish species profiles
- A place you should visit - Maphelane
- SA's coral reefs - beautiful, tranquil and highly valuable
- An elephant seal visits the KZN coast
- Did U know - Nudibranchs
- Sewage recycling - a viable alternative?
- Ecosystem functioning
- Sardine run 2012
- Sewage spills
- Helmet shells
- Repairing the KZN coast
- Nginakekela amaxhaphozi! I save wetlands
- Mysterious fish
- Record raggedtooth shark recaptures
- A magic water factory?
- Did U know - lobsters have blue blood?
- Mining gathers momentum
- A place you should visit - Greenpoint lighthouse
- Fish tagging in KZN
- The 2011 sardine run
- Bar-built estuaries periodically linked to the sea
- Fall of the Phoenix
- Did U know - oily beaches?
- Our coast is a priceless treasure
- A place you should visit - Sodwana Bay
- Are corals plants or animals?
- Estuaries of various shapes and sizes
- COP 17 beckons
- Did U know - that some fish can change sex?
Summer (Issue # 21)
- What's next for KZN?
- International coastal cleanup 2010
- Are you fish friendly?
- EKZN Wildlife tightens its grip
- A place you should visit - Kosi Bay
2010 Summer (issue #20)
- FIFA fever
- A place you should visit - Black Rock
- Blue flag news
- An icon of our coast
- Mass migrations of a different kind - the mystery of Varuna
- Tacklin sea-level rise
- Marine & coastal education
- Monitoring KZN's launch sites
- Cleaning up our coast
- A place you should visit- Trafalgar marine reserve
- Action against pollution
- The long awaited ICMA is here
- Blue flag news
- From berg to beach & beyond
- What is the CBMU?
- A place you should visit - Ohlanga lagoon
- Durban beachfront upgrade
- Bill to open coastline to all
- KZN outshines competition to claim blue flags
- The 'calamity' - testing SAMSA's action plan
- A novel approach to coastal zone monitoring
- Coastal development in KZN
- KZN boat launch sites
- Get seafood smart!
- Researchers get splashing
- Coastwatch's marine investigation
- Shadows on the beach
- Build at your peril
- Why do whales beach?
- Durban launches new beach
- Year of the turtle
- Sustainable livelihoods and the IDP
- Filming on the beach
- Ammonia threat to uShaka
- Boat launch sites in KZN
- Chuck vs box jellyfish
- What happened to the sardines?
- Coastal management and IDP's
- Sustaining coastal livelihoods
- Ahoy, cruise tourism is here!
- Co-operative governance makes a splash
- National interpretive signage
- To drive or not to drive
- Coastal tourism in the kingdom
- Outreach programme expands
- KZN's coastal management programme
- Treasure chest project
- What is CoastCare?
- KZN flies the blue flag
- Just beading around
- 4x4 Beach ban begins
- Dangerous sea creatures
- Be shark-wise!
- Coral bleaching at Sodwana Bay
- KZN beaches go blue
- Legend of the hole in the wall
- What is the SCLP?
- Facts at your fingertips
2000 – 2001
- Best practice coastal development
- National estuaries workshop
- Blue flag campaign
- Pennington environmental inventory
- Coastal trivia
Autumn - Winter
- Shark net reduction
- Coastwatch becomes proactive
- Tugela Banks prawn trawl
- World environment week
- CMPP & SCA updates
- Coastal trivia
1999 – 2000