Sardine run fever hits KZN
"Fishermen were treated to the unexpected arrival of sardines in Scottburgh along the KwaZul...
Mzimkhulu Honorary Officers announce that, due to popular demand, the 2017 Southern Shoreline Challenge has commenced.
Over the next few months, the challenge will consist of beach walks of about 5km each, starting from the south bank of the Mzimkhulu River and ending up at the Umtamvuna River Lodge for the final prize-giving.
* June 25: Shelly Beach Ski-boat Club to Lucien Beach, hosts – Ivungu Conservancy;
* July 9: Lucien Beach to Ramsgate Whale Deck, hosts – Ramsgate Conservancy;
* July 23: Ramsgate Whale Deck to Marina Beach, hosts – Southbroom Conservancy;
* August 6: Marina Beach to Mpenjati South, hosts Marina and Trafalgar Conservancies;
* August 20: Mpenjati South to Munster Beach, hosts Mpenjati HOs;
* September 3: Munster beach to Port Edward beach, hosts Leisure Bay, Munster and Umtamvuna Conservancies; and
* September 17: Port Edward Beach to Umtamvuna River Lodge, hosts Umtamvuna HOs.
The cost is R20 per person per walk and all funds raised will be donated to the conservation groups. Registration and coffee is at 7am and walks start at 7.30am. Breakfast rolls and coffee will be served at the end of each walk at R30 per person. For more information, contact Sally at 039 3166097, 073 7752861 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.